11 - 16 Years
Entrance Examinations and Auditions for entry to the Hammond take place on:
SATURDAY 26TH JANUARY, 2019.
TO BOOK YOUR AUDITION, PLEASE CALL:
The Registrar, Jan Foden on 01244 305352, or
The School Secretary, Nikki Moxon, on 01244-305350
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hammond offers talented musicians a stimulating, motivating and educational environment in which to develop skills and performance knowledge.
Our fully equipped music department includes six practice rooms, a state-of-the-art digital recording studio, digital and acoustic pianos, and an extensive range of instruments. We also have an iMac suite with midi keyboards linked to iMac computers, which run industry-leading software, including Sibelius and Logic Pro.
Our many choral groups and instrumentalists perform regular concerts at venues such as Chester Town Hall, Eaton Hall, Chester Cathedral and Liverpool Echo Arena.
Our music students grow in confidence and acquire a host of new skills when they are given the opportunity to perform.
Our five choirs enhance the reputation of The Hammond by consistently producing performances of the very highest standard. These choirs perform regularly at The Hammond, Chester Cathedral, Chester Town Hall, Eaton Hall and European venues.
- Preparatory School Choir
- Junior Choir (all Year 7 & 8 students)
- Senior Choir (all Year 9, 10 & 11 students)
- Chamber Choir (Years 9, 10 & 11 by audition)
- Hammond Chorale (Seniors)
We are very fortunate to have a group of dedicated peripatetic teachers who visit the school every week to provide individual instrumental and vocal lessons. At present, these include:
- French horn
As well as an enriching academic curriculum, students can expect to participate in:
- One individual instrumental lesson per week
- Internal and external performances
- Weekly junior and senior choir rehearsals
- A weekly vocal group session
- Weekly class lessons in music
- Music groups and, where appropriate, other orchestras, bands and choirs through our links with many local and national organisations
Successful applicants applying for entry into Years 7 to 10 will have a high level of musical ability and the potential to acquire in depth musical knowledge and reach an exceptionally high standard of performance.
Entry is by Audition (please see Auditions page for dates and application forms).