16 Years+ BTEC Diploma in Performing Arts
AUDITIONS FOR THIS COURSE WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY 26TH JANUARY
TO FIND OUT MORE, AND RESERVE YOUR AUDITION, PLEASE CALL:
JULIA EDWARDS ON 01244 305377, OR EMAIL
Drama at The Hammond offers exciting opportunities for students to develop artistic, technical and personal skills in a motivating and professional environment.
Students over the age of 16 years are enrolled on a two-year academic course that consists of the rigorous BTEC National (Level 3) Diploma in Performing Arts (Acting), plus two A Levels. There are further classes to ensure that students will gain a wealth of acting, singing and stage management experience whilst gaining a greater insight into the world of theatre.
We believe it is vital for all drama students to develop a wide range of skills that will support them during these crucial years at school, as they begin to focus on their future careers. This intensive programme includes:
- The BTEC National (Level 3) Performing Arts (Acting) – 12 hours per week
- A 2-year course leading to two A Levels or equivalent.
- Students are introduced to a variety of skills and techniques
- Further specialist classes include Physical Theatre, Musical Theatre, Audition Technique, Voice and Dance
Former students have gone on to continue their studies at leading institutions, including:
- ALRA Drama School
- Exeter University
- East 15
- Fourth Monkey Theatre Company
- Guildford School of Acting
- The Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA)
- Liverpool University
- Loughborough University
- Manchester Theatre School
- Mountview Theatre School
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA)
- Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- Rose Bruford College
- Sheffield University
- Winchester University
90% of our current leavers (2018) have now been offered places on courses at Further Education institutions.
See also the Destinations tab.
Entry is by Audition (please see Auditions page for dates and application forms).