On 13th June 1917, a fundraising concert was held at Chester Town Hall in aid of Hoole Bank Red Cross Hospital. The concert featured the popular local ‘Whizz Bang Pierrot Troupe’ with new dances choreographed by Miss Irene Hammond.
2017 marks our centenary and celebrations will be taking place throughout the year. The Hammond will be hosting a range of performances, workshops, talks and tours, culminating in a Centenary Gala in July 2017.
We Need You!
We are actively gathering stories about The Hammond School, Miss Irene Hammond and Hoole Bank House. This information can also be found on our Facebook page. You can visit the Hammond’s Centenary website to read our latest research.
We would love to hear from anyone who attended our school or has memories of this special house. If you have stories to tell and memories to share, please contact Julia Edwards who is collating our research. We are also creating a database of as many students as we can.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name (including maiden name)
- The years you attended The Hammond (e.g. 1992-1995, years 7-10)
- Your course (e.g. day student, drama student, dance student)
- Your favourite memory from The Hammond
- What you went on to do
- What you do now
- Anything else about yourself that you would like to add
- A current photograph and one from your time at The Hammond