16 Years+ BTEC Diploma in Performing Arts
Drama at The Hammond offers exciting opportunities for students to develop artistic, technical and personal skills in a motivating and professional environment.
Students over the age of 16 years are enrolled on a two-year academic course that consists of the rigorous BTEC National (Level 3) Diploma in Performing Arts (Acting), plus two A Levels. There are further classes to ensure that students will gain a wealth of acting, singing and stage management experience whilst gaining a greater insight into the world of theatre.
We believe it is vital for all drama students to develop a wide range of skills that will support them during these crucial years at school, as they begin to focus on their future careers. This intensive programme includes:
- The BTEC National (Level 3) Performing Arts (Acting) – 12 hours per week
- A 2-year course leading to two A Levels or equivalent.
- Students are introduced to a variety of skills and techniques
- Further specialist classes include Physical Theatre, Musical Theatre, Audition Technique, Voice and Dance
Former students have gone on to continue their studies at leading institutions, including:
- ALRA Drama School
- Exeter University
- East 15
- Fourth Monkey Theatre Company
- Guildford School of Acting
- The Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA)
- Liverpool University
- Loughborough University
- Manchester Theatre School
- Mountview Theatre School
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA)
- Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- Rose Bruford College
- Sheffield University
- Winchester University
See also the Destinations tab.
Entry is by Audition (please see Auditions page for dates and application forms).