The Hammond is accredited by The Dance Council for Education and Training.
The Dance and Drama awards
are scholarships offering greatly reduced tuition fees and
income-assessed support at some of the leading dance and drama
schools in England. They are funded by the Education Funding
To see our downloadable application form, please CLICK HERE (Note that this form must be completed by hand and returned by post.).
THE HAMMOND ARE DELIGHTED TO REPORT THAT, HAVING BEEN RECOGNISED AS A CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE THROUGH THE MUSIC AND DANCE SCHEME AND RATED AS 'OUTSTANDING' BY OFSTED, WE HAVE NOW RECEIVED A NUMBER OF ADDITIONAL DaDA AWARDS, IN RECOGNITION OF THESE ACHIEVEMENTS.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW INFORMATION ON THE DaDA AWARDS:
For the 2015 to 2016 academic year, the maximum income threshold for DaDA support will be increased from £70,000 to £90,000. Minor adjustments to the amount of support the scheme will provide to students who have household incomes of greater than £42,000 will also be made. This adjustment has been made in response to annual monitoring and feedback of the scheme. The changes will apply to new students in the 2015 to 2016 academic year.
Please click HERE for full details on the National DaDA income bands
- Entry by audition in Autumn and Spring terms.
- The Hammond has a Combined First Year for incoming students on the 3 year Diploma Course. This crucial first year has purposely been designed to provide a comprehensive and thorough grounding for all students in the areas of Dance, Acting and Singing - the 'triple threat' of the entertainment industry, now demanded as a matter of course.
- Serving as the perfect grounding for the Professional Diploma in Performing Arts (Dance) or Professional Diploma in Performing Arts (Musical Theatre) and validated by Trinity College, London, this busy and fruitful year will provide the following:
- A complete, professional and comprehensive course in a broad range of dance styles and techniques - contemporary, jazz, street and tap - with classical ballet as the core and foundation of technique and strength to underpin all these genres.
- A range of performance opportunities supported by practical dramatic and vocal training, designed to develop in students all the essential skills required for a career in performance in the theatre, and other associated industries and media.
- A programme of Integrated Professional Studies to broaden and deepen students' knowledge and understanding of Musical Theatre, Dance and Performance. The essential theoretical material contained within this programme, which will run across all three years, supports the practical and technical grounding covered in the Diploma and enables students to develop the ability to work confidently and flexibly as professionals. They become critical independent thinkers with a wide range of transferable skills, and learn to engage effectively in the study, practice and appreciation of performance.
- Successful students proceeding to Professional Studies Year two at The Hammond will then be offered a place on either The Dance, or Musical Theatre Course.
CLICK HERE (Note that this form must be completed by hand and returned by post.).
(Large print forms are available upon request)
Photography by Caroline Holden
- £5,785 per term (2016-17)
Professional Diploma in performing arts (Dance)
Validated by Trinity College London
Level 6 course
Complete professional preparation for entering the world of Dance
Comprehensive training in Dance styles and techniques, with Ballet at the core
Internationally renowned guest teachers provide masterclasses
Integrated professional studies to broaden & deepen knowledge of Dance
Accommodation for Senior School (16 and above)
Further information to follow soon.
THE HAMMOND GRADUATE SHOWCASE
All final year Professional Dance or Musical Theatre Students join The Hammond's own Company - The Hammond Graduate Showcase.
For 2016, The Hammond Graduate Showcase will perform in The Hammond Theatre 29th February and 1st March 2016; The Shaw Theatre London 8th March and The Lowry, Salford 10th March.