11-16 Year Olds
- Entry at years 7 - 10 by entrance test and audition
- Candidates selected for potential, musicality and theatricality.
- £5,795 per term Boarding an additional £2600 per term. (2014-15)
- MDS awards available to candidates with exceptional potential
- Full academic curriculum plus:
- 5-year Dance training course based on classical ballet
- Classes also include modern, jazz, tap, contemporary
- Classes provided for pilates, drama and singing
- GCSE Dance
- Course designed to develop correctly the young dancer's body
- Additional support includes physiotherapy, dietary and nutritional advice
- Formal assessments carried out in Spring Term each year
- RAD and ISTD examinations
8.30 a.m. Arrival at Hoole Bank House - please report to main reception
Welcome by the Hammond Principal
9.00 Candidates taken to change and prepare for audition
9.15 - 10.30 Audition - Basic Ballet class during which the candidates may be stretched to confirm flexibility. (Parents/Guardians should contact the Hammond prior to audition should they require further explanation or are uncomfortable with this procedure).
10.30 - 11.00 Basic Movement Class
11.00 - 12.00 Dance Solos in any chosen dance style 1 minute maximum (teachers or candidates own choreography). Please record your music on a CDR not CDRW (no tapes please).
12.00 - 12.30 Lunch (School will provide)
12.30 - 1.45 Vocal warm up (in audition group) followed by
Individual vocals - short vocal solo appropriate to age and ability or short individual voice session with vocal coach (no previous preparation required as this is only an indicator for our own records and will not affect the overall outcome of the audition).Sheet music is preferred and should be provided clearly marked. Backing vocals are NOT suitable.
NB - Any candidates who feel uncomfortable with this section should contact the Hammond prior to the audition. NB - Candidates should not be concerned if solo is curtailed.
2.00 - 3.00/30 Non Verbal Reasoning Test (NVR) for candidates applying for years 7 and 8. English and Maths papers will be forwarded to current school for completion.
3.30 - 4.00 Audition candidates visit boarding house (if appropriate) where they will receive a tour and refreshments.
Day Pupils may be collected from the main School.
During the individual vocal section candidates will visit the Physiotherapist for their physical checks.
9.00 - 10.30 Discussion with Deputy Principal (Academic) followed by a tour of School
Discussion with Company Secretary/Business Manager, Vocational Faculty Manager and Head of Boarding.
Parents leave site.
4.15pm Parents visit the boarding houses and collect candidates.
Girls Ballet Yr 7 Leotard/bare legs/shoes
Yr 8 + Leotard/pink tights/shoe
Free Movement Leotard and footless tights or rolled up ballet tights - to work in bare feet
Boys Own ballet school's uniform or white T-Shirt and shorts